Re: [ajdt-dev] AJDT website changes

[quote Matt Chapman::on 12/16/2004 3:21 PM]
Hi everyone,

There have been a couple of changes with the AJDT website:

I've rearranged the download page to hopefully make it a little clearer which build is which. Instead of the table for different Eclipse versions, which had become rather complex, the focus is now on the different types of AJDT builds: release builds, milestone builds, and development builds.

The download links to the zip file distributions now go through the eclipse.org mirroring system, so you get a list of mirrors which have that file. Only a few mirror sites pick up our files, but hopefully that will increase, and just having those few is still a big help. The exception is the development builds, which I haven't converted to use the mirror service, because they all have the same name, so you wouldn't know if you were getting the latest one or not.

Thanks to the eclipse webmaster, we also have a new website repository, that doesn't use ViewCVS. I've moved the site over, and it seems to be working okay - shout if you find any broken links. The advantages of this new setup are that we can use PHP if we want, and also we have much nicer URLs. For example, the download page is now:

http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/download.html

instead of:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/ajdt-home/download.html

I've also put all the New & Noteworthy docs in the new location for easy reference. So instead of:

http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/org.eclipse.ajdt/AJDT1.2src/org.eclipse.ajdt.ui/doc/whatsnew120M2/newnoteworthy.html

We have:

http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/whatsnew120M2/

The other ones are there too:

http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/whatsnew120M1/
http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/whatsnew1112/
http://www.eclipse.org/ajdt/whatsnew1111/

Note that some web browsers can be reluctant to reload the frame of the new main page, so you may need to clear the cache first.

Regards,

Matt.

Excellent new organization! A single remark: it would be very nice if the Development builds would include either in their name or just on the download page the timestamp. I have found myself downloading many times the same jar (sometimes my memory is very short :-) ).

:pope

Back to the top