[ajdt-dev] aspectj nature on EJB/Web projects in WSAD 5.x?

this is complicated (so it seems to us: we have thrashed on it for a couple of days now).

we are trying to add aspectj (1.2, via the 1.1.4 plugin, per http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/indextech.cgi/~checkout~/ajdt-home/Updater.txt) in an existing WSAD 5.1 project base. this is a large existing code base, and want to do a whole variety of things with it via aspectj.

we would like to be able to do one (or both) of two things:

1) tag EJB or Web projects with an aspectj nature, allowing aspects to live in these projects and instrument aspect behavior into pre-existing code in these projects.

2) keep our aspects in a dedicated aspectj project, and configure an eclipse ant external tools builder wherever necessary to drive the aspectj compiler onto existing projects, to instrument aspect behavior into pre-existing .class files (not jars) in those projects.

we have tried both of these, without much success.

the first dies when we attempt to rebuild projects of this sort, with a "Compile Failed" error message, and no additional information. reordering the external tools builder elements in .project has no net effect (though it appears to be the aspectj builder that is failing).

the second (using iajc) dies with a NoSuchMethod exception on a method "org.eclipse.jdt.internal.compiler.Compiler.setCompilerAdapterFactory(..)" that doesn't exist anywhere i can find it (in WSAD 5.x or in eclipse 3.X, no jdtcore.jar i can find seems to have this method on class Compiler).

any help would be appreciated.

mike

Back to the top