Re: [4diac-dev] Antw: RFC: Remove Option to adjust the connection router for diagrams

Hi,

it definitely would allow us to remove some instanceof and casts checks and further optimize the FBNetwork layouting and drawing.

But you have a good point if someone else is using the extension point. Therefore I would mark the ConnectionRouterProvider extension point as deprecated. And
start to not use it anymore for the FBNetwork editor.

If this is for someone on this list problematic please tell us soon.

Cheers,
Alois

On Mon, 2021-11-08 at 09:15 +0100, Bianca Wiesmayr wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was never aware that it was possible to select anything else than the
> adjustable router - maybe because I heavily use the Eclipse Layouting
> Kernel nowadays. I think the ELK integration is now quite mature and
> provides useful results.
>
> If deactivating other extensions helps promoting ELK, I'm all in for
> it. Of course, if anyone is using the extension point for own plug-ins,
> we need to find a better solution (i.e., please speak up, if you do rely
> on the extension point for routers).
>
> Kind regards,
> Bianca
>

> --