[4diac-dev] Antw: RFC: Remove Option to adjust the connection router for diagrams

Hi,

I was never aware that it was possible to select anything else than the
adjustable router - maybe because I heavily use the Eclipse Layouting
Kernel nowadays. I think the ELK integration is now quite mature and
provides useful results.

If deactivating other extensions helps promoting ELK, I'm all in for
it. Of course, if anyone is using the extension point for own plug-ins,
we need to find a better solution (i.e., please speak up, if you do rely
on the extension point for routers).

Kind regards,
Bianca

DI Bianca Wiesmayr, BSc
University Assistant
LIT Cyber-Physical Systems Lab

JOHANNES KEPLER
UNIVERSITÄT LINZ
Altenberger Straße 69
LIT Open Innovation Center (EG)
4040 Linz, Österreich
T +43 732 2468 9485
bianca.wiesmayr@xxxxxx
jku.at/lit/cps-lab

& Hi,
&
& as connection routing is a hard thing we had from the beginning an
option to
& select different GEF routers for routing the connections in FB
networks.
& Since
& quite some time we have now the adjustable router as default. This
router
& has some very nice properties of allowing users to easily adjust the

& connections and
& the default connection route creation is rather nice. Yes I know
there is
& place for improvements but still.
&
& Since 4diac IDE 1.14.0 we also have the very nice automatic layout
& generation option utilizing the Eclipse Layout Kernel. This layout
generation
& works only if
& the adjustable router is selected.
&
& Therefore I would like to propose to remove the router extension
point and
& the according settings in the preferences and use for FB networks
only the
& adjustable
& router.
&