Re: [4diac-dev] 4DIAC with STM32F4

Hi,

> I'm starting this project that requires using 4DIAC with the STM32F4discovery board.
Great! I'm looking forward to the results.

> I understand that I need to use FORTE instead of 4DIAC and I have to use an RTOS like ecos.
I  heard that for this board freeRTOS support should be good. But I haven't any experiance with it.

> Things are still not clear in my head yet and I have few questions:
> 1/ Is it possible to create PWM signal for DC motors from an STM32F4 using FORTE?
In principle yes. Normally one would write SIFBs to wrap the hardware specific stuff for doing this. Sofar we don't have any generic support for PWMs in FORTE. For example for the Lego Mindstorms there is a driver doing PWM and you just set the duty cylce from FORTE.

>  2/ Does FORTE supports protocols like UART spi and I2C ?
Currently not. Normally using the hardware behind these protocols is very hardware specific. Maybe operating system abstractions like the ones offered by Linux or eCos can help. For example there is a patch using I2C on the Raspberry PI via Linux driver abstraction (https://sourceforge.net/p/fordiac/issues/1046/).

> 3/ Is it possible that one STM32F4 can communicate with other STM32F4s to control distributed systems?
If you have Ethernet and a TCP/UDP stack with socket interface this would work out of the box. For other communication systems you may need to write your own communication layer for the PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE CLIENT/SERVER FBs (see: http://www.eclipse.org/4diac/documentation/html/development/forte_communicationArchitecture.html).

I hope this helps you to get started.

BR,
Alois

> Any help or guiding is much appreciated.

> Thanks.
> --
> Aounallah Mazen
 _______________________________________________ 4diac-dev mailing list 4diac-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/4diac-dev

Back to the top