The Cocoa port of SWT will ship with Eclipse 3.5.
Early adopters can try it now by downloading
Eclipse 3.5 Milestone 5 for Mac OSX Cocoa.
If you prefer to be bleeding edge, you can download the most recent
3.5 Stream Integration Build (weekly) or the
3.5 Stream Nightly Build of Eclipse for Mac OSX Cocoa.
There are still areas that need work. If you want to help, here is what you can do.
- Read the SWT 3.5 Development Plan to get a feel for the current status of the Cocoa port.
- Subscribe to the SWT developers mailing list for discussion and to keep track of current developments.
- Then load SWT from GIT into your Eclipse workspace.
The projects you need are:
- org.eclipse.swt.examples (not required, but useful for testing)
- org.eclipse.swt.tools (not required, unless you need to extend the JNI Code)
- Pick an interesting bug from the plan or
from here, cc yourself to the bug, signal your intent to look at the bug in the bug itself or on the SWT mailing list,
and see if you can figure out how to fix the problem. If so, attach a patch to the bug report.
If you find a bug, open an Eclipse bug report against SWT Mac OSX Cocoa.
Thanks to all those who have helped so far!