[wtp-jsf-dev] Comments from Today's Status Call

I enjoyed talking to the team today. I'll try to call in more often.

As I mentioned on the call today, it's very important to use the Eclipse facilities to conduct the development of this project. The main purpose of the incubator phase is to get everyone familiar with what it means to be an Eclipse project. One of the key aspects of being an Eclipse project is to be visible. This means that all the code and communications should be visible to the outside world.

Code should be checked into CVS asap. Don't worry that it isn't perfect. Just make sure that anything you check in has good intellectual property pedigree. That mean's you have the right to contribute the code and that the code doesn't contain any improper comments or licence terms. All code must be EPL.

I'm looking forward to the initial check-in on Friday. After that, our focus should be be get the automated builds going, and the results posted to a download page so users can start to play with the JSF tools.

I'd like to ask EVERYONE to read the Due Dillegence Guidelines [1] if you haven't already done so. It is critical that we all adhere to these guidelines.

I'd also like to ask everyone to start using this mailing list for day-to-day communication. I see only 5 notes since Oct. 4, including the Welcome note from the Webmaster. I have to think you have been communicating more than that.

For example, there is no record of the actual voting for Gary, just a summary note from Raghu. In the future, all committer nominations and votes should be done on this list.

We maintain Web pages for contributors. [2] These pages contain contact and biographical info. Please review your page and send me updates. Thx.

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/committerguidelines.html

[2] http://www.eclipse.org/webtools/people/index.html

Back to the top