[wtp-incubator-dev] Why can't we adapt Web Page editor for VEX purpose

Hi all,
I always had this question in mind:
Why can't we just adapt the web page editor that's belonging to WTP for the purpose of a Visual editor for XML ?
HTML is also in a way an XML.
What is possibly making the adaption a challenge if at all ? When I used the Web Page editor, It seemed just perfect and so evolved for me. So I thought why VEX is not this fluent in handling a structured document ?
Even in WWW I have seen a lot of HTML editors. But XML WYSIWYG editors are that hard to find that it's so ironical !!!

I would like the people already on VEX team to share their valuable opinions and views on this.
I am not forgetting all the great efforts that WTP put in for VEX. :) Especially Florian and Holger who are keen in it's development and for always being a source of help.
--
Thanks & Regards,
NS Gopikrishnan

Back to the top