Re: [wtp-incubator-dev] Smoke Test Time - the Saxon issue

DOUG SATCHWELL wrote:<!-- DIV {margin:0px;} -->
Another example is WTP itselfe, which has support for Tomcat and many other types of server.

As far as I can see (I may be wrong), but this is exactly analogous to the situation with Xalan and Saxon?

Anyway, lets leave it out for now.

Doug, yeah, I agree that others have played around that line, and it's a very grey area that we are dealing with. I've attached a couple of screen shots of another way that Custom and Built in XSLT engines are being configured. Now, I don't necessarily say we should do it, but give some shots of alternative ways to do it. These screen shots are from OxygenXMLs Eclipse plugin.

Oxygen refers to XSLT and XQuery parsers/interpretors as Engines. It out of the box supports Saxon 6.5, Saxon 9, Xalan 2.7.0, MS MSXML, and MS .Net XSLT engines. The builtin Engines each have their own preference page section as depicted in the picture. Their is also a page where Custom Engines can be added. These are executed by setting up command line parameters and executing them on a command line but integrated into the overall XSLT UI Oxygen provides.

The Type is whether it's an XSLT or XQuery type of engine...Xalan, Saxon are engines, not necessarily types.

Just a thought.

PNG image

PNG image

Back to the top