Re: [tycho-dev] Prefer currently running Java as ExecutionEnvironment version instead of BREE ?

After a couple of interesting discussions here and on bugzilla, and several versions of the patch, I think we can go for an heuristic that would work in most cases and not give a feeling of regression: unless EE is explicitly set (in pom.xml or .target file), as recommended, then we just take the highest EE of currently running EE and BREE to resolve bundle dependencies. This will allow to build bundles against older and newer BREE without tweaking the EE, resulting in a success in the vast majority of cases. Some corner cases might still need tweaks, but I expect those are the same ones as those that already need tweaks with Tycho 1.7.
https://git.eclipse.org/r/c/tycho/org.eclipse.tycho/+/166383

Cheers,

Back to the top