From: Metehan Uzun <metehanuzun@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 17, 2024 9:59 AM
To: smdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: ThreadX project developer discussion <threadx-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [threadx-dev] help

I'm asking to be sure. I don't comply with SIL standards in any way by using ThreadX, do I? Do you suggest I use BareMetal for this?

On Wed, Jul 17, 2024 at 10:51 <smdt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Good day Metehan

As far as I am aware none of the free Embedded RTOS type platforms are SIL 3 or SIL 4 compatible.

I am under correction, but I think there is a SIL3 RTOS but you have to pay for it.

If you want full SIL4, BareMetal in standard C is the best option. The rules for SIL4 is quite strict.

BareMetal in any case gives you more control over the hardware.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Sean Du Toit