Re: [statet-users] Building rj package for StatET on MacOS Mojave

Hi Ilija,

welcome to the list and thank you for sharing your findings.

Regards,
Stephan

[18.03.2019 13:32] Baboon wrote:
Thought I’d share the steps necessary to build rj from sources on Mojave.
It’s quite tricky for a non-developer.

RJ package is required to run R via the great StatET plugin for Eclipse.
Most complete IDE for R by far. Looking forward to the new release!

1. Install LLVM via homebrew (assuming you have home brew; If not, install it first)

	brew install llvm

	Make sure brew clang (/usr/local/opt/llvm/bin) comes before apple clang in the path.
	Up to you if you want this permanent (added to .bash_profile) or just temporary.

See: https://embeddedartistry.com/blog/2017/2/20/installing-clangllvm-on-osx <https://embeddedartistry.com/blog/2017/2/20/installing-clangllvm-on-osx>

2. Populate /usr/include folder with required headers - by default Apple does not create this folder

	This assumes you already have MacOS command line tools. If not install that first.

	sudo open /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/Packages/macOS_SDK_headers_for_macOS_10.14.pkg

3. Set linker flags for LLVM and symlinks. Otherwise apple linker will likely be used.

	Add to .bash_profile the lines

		export LDFLAGS=“-L/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib -Wl,-rpath,/usr/local/opt/llvm/lib"
		export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/opt/llvm/include -I/usr/local/opt/llvm/include/c++/v1/"
		alias ld='ld.lld'
		alias ls='ls -alh'

More resources:

https://afnan.io/2018-10-01/using-the-latest-llvm-release-on-macos/ <https://afnan.io/2018-10-01/using-the-latest-llvm-release-on-macos/>

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52509602/cant-compile-c-program-on-a-mac-after-upgrade-to-mojave <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/52509602/cant-compile-c-program-on-a-mac-after-upgrade-to-mojave>

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53038856/macos-configure-error-cannot-run-c-compiled-programs <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/53038856/macos-configure-error-cannot-run-c-compiled-programs>

Back to the top