[sdv-wg] Heads-up and fyi about brainstorming session for SDV tech community
  • From: "Krippner Daniel (SDV/EAR ETAS-VCS/ETH)" <daniel.krippner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2022 12:00:59 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=de.bosch.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=de.bosch.com; dkim=pass header.d=de.bosch.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=zrMPm3d48TU80iaftA1RDhUJ12tPV7+13k7I9OIstEk=; b=HXB3hDBWyN+VwH4aN6BzSTupR2KLp+iOHLIt2hOkVqhVcTY2D2m6l5BeEZ7C2/yELNUe/ua920zOaWP7y1FYtTghRJWk8v8YHDKNlK1V6gy0LQ5xsWgi5vDKQfflNdTWwlbuiAqPC7YH2qdSZg/epJi1IB9HkpR7Do7fEiNmHJQcAxyRf/M8X3v8LtQOfZ8wMhtdJcPRel2mia/t83rvMIFLvmOtEbOeYI26z6XnNwXWp4h8RkyyLMU4qXBNaSbE5gA8jp4m/hThc+/ZzVNrC9DSLHthx6AXmEsv3bO82YjlEUlEqS39nLdB/CLegX9yxrDz2TpKn+mFKmUw5Jkz+A==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=ByHF5LCqX/I61iv5UA6lZFLSiqjWoz1WGVMyW2IscxiWwWoiIKq16qyeycCHLSG05TXTRFlFywjJ2d1cbNnUl1WiAX6FKZCVK2s9rDE4WjO4dCg1ueKFu519Po75zzEt/tb60pbN+b0dWc8Xjkso1P0B1B9rSCqRMwZdlknUiRLKPEgkXPY/SxpM9ApC5UM9aPUzd7iC1Pspr9ioR6FtvnFz0u9gIpB1l78mZiR9u9E3oeCNpVo+jJhAxos7rWXyhTeetbv5vydvecItNT8PvRAi4+qf6Y98mfsPJuQxRd3BPWFxF9WEXDBOV8jCuHl2bkGDtjieXDC43fM93XGY8A==

Hello SDV community,

Last week there was a brainstorming discussion between Tom Fleischmann (CARAID) and Daniel Krippner (Bosch/ETAS), touching a range of SDV-related topics. We’d like to give a summary of the points we focused on:

Automotive grade development process for Eclipse SDV projects

  • there is a general sense that prospective in-vehicle OSS software needs to be “automotive-grade”
  • what that specifically means needs to be elucidated going forward in the community
  • there exist very promising starting points for enabling projects to generate bespoke artifacts, one of them is are engineered requirements and the according tracing as proof, A good starting point can be OpenFastTrace: itsallcode/openfasttrace: Open source requirement tracing suite (github.com)
  • we would propose to have a show&tell for OpenFastTrace soon, for example in one of our tech alignment sessions and jointly reached out to the maintainers of the project.

Visualizing SDV-related communities

  • originally initiated from a set of collaboration workshops in SOAFEE, we spoke about the idea to create a x-initiative visualization of how SDV-related groups play together and how they align topically
  • there is a small prep work team in SOAFEE right now, beginning to discuss ideas for this – there might be a great opportunity to leverage Thomas’ subway map of the softwaredefined car

Orchestration layer for diverse workloads

  • in the light of the existing and expected diversity of in-vehicle technology stacks (AUTOSAR classic and adaptive, containers both CRI/OCI/non-OCI and more specialized implementations, package-managed systems, sandboxes like web assembly, etc) we discussed how as a community we might embrace this diversity.
  • We as well briefly discussed that CARAID is using northstar (https://github.com/esrlabs/northstar). Northstar is written in RUST as is deemed a good fit for our future systems.
  • specific automotive-fit implementation details are tbd, but aligning ourselves around a orchestration layer (“control plane”) that we all can agree on and use to integrate runtime stacks might be a way forward that propels SDV towards becoming an actual ecosystem
  • this also might be a fruitful topic for one of our next tech alignment sessions

Looking forward for open discussions on the SDV mailing list within our community.

Best regards.

Daniel & Tom

Back to the top