Re: [pde-dev] Question on plugins..

Let me point you to the documentation that you will want to read. Lauch the Help Contents from the Help menu.

In the Contents pane on the left browse through to Platform Plug-In Developer Guide/Programmer's Guide

To learn about adding menu items from there go to Plugging into the workbench/Menu and toolbar paths

To learn about launching applications take a look at Program debug and launch support/Launching a program

You may also want to check out a couple of articles:
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Launch-Framework/launch.html
http://www.eclipse.org/articles/Article-Java-launch/launching-java.html

Good luck!

-Phil

Joe Reynolds wrote:
Hi everyone,
I'm really green with eclipse and have been tasked with adding an executable file to the toolbar of eclipse. Has anyone done this? I see most of the plugin examples explain it from a J2EE side but nothing in regards to launching a 3rd party executable. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Joe Reynolds..