Re: [osgi-technology-dev] EventAdmin

Generally speaking, permission action strings should be case insensitive.  This is not specific to TopicPermission.  For example, BundlePermission is the same way.  But this is also not specific to OSGi permissions.  See the implementation of java.io.FilePermission.getMask(String)

Tom

From: osgi-technology-dev <osgi-technology-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Dr. James J. Hunt <jjh@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2023 10:11 AM
To: osgi-technology-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <osgi-technology-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [osgi-technology-dev] EventAdmin

Dear Colleagues, It seems to me that the published org. osgi. service. event. TopicPermission implementation contradicts the specification. In this class, the String constant SUBSCRIBE is defined to be "subscribe". This is lower case,
ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart
This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender
You have not previously corresponded with this sender.

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

Dear Colleagues,

It seems to me that the published org.osgi.service.event.TopicPermission implementation contradicts the specification.  In this class, the String constant SUBSCRIBE is defined  to be "subscribe".  This is lower case, but the specification defined SUBSCRIBE to be uppercase and these strings are case sensitive.  Am I missing something?

Sincerely,

James