[orion-dev] Orion Hackathon in Krakow 2012 (summary)

Last weekend Krakow (Poland) hosted Orion Hackathon. It started on Friday afternoon and ended on Sunday around 4pm.
You can find the summary and pictures from the event here http://wiki.eclipse.org/Orion_Hackathon_Krakow_2012#After_Hackathon

Below you can find some stats:
- over 30 participants working in 15 teams
- 1 day of introductory talks by devs from IBM/Orion (Ken Walker, Gosia Janczarska, Szymon Brandys)
and Google Developers Group (Dawid Ostrowski,  Konrad Malawski, Lukasz Dubiel, Michal Jedrzejas)
- 2 days of hacking
- final projects submitted by half of hacking teams

It was also a very good opportunity to collect feedback both positive and negative what is reflected in bugs I raised recently
(or I will raise soon)

I had an interview with gazeta.pl one of the biggest newspapers in Poland (they have a web version too)
http://krakow.gazeta.pl/krakow/1,44425,12756837,Wspolpraca_biznesu_z_uczelniami__Sami_szkola_informatykow.html
I hope Google Translator will translate it for you ;)

I hope we will have more such events soon and for sure I will try to gather people again and hack with Orion next year.
Of course I encourage others to organize such events and I offer my help in organizing :)

Cheers
--
Szymon

Back to the top