[openj9-dev] j9 tooling readiness.

Hi,
 I am trying to use some of the tools available in the download bundle.
Named OpenJDK9-OPENJ9_x64_Linux_jdk-9.181.tar.gz.

 I find tools like jps and jmap -heap are not working as expected.

ps does not list any running j9 vm processes

jmap -heap returns a message to use jhsdb instead. Which I cannot find
in the download.

Error: -heap option used
Cannot connect to core dump or remote debug server. Use jhsdb jmap
instead

 Are these tools still "Work in Progress" ?

Regards,
Jeremy

Jeremy Whiting
Senior Software Engineer, Middleware Performance Team
Red Hat

Registered Address: Red Hat UK Ltd, Peninsular House, 30 Monument
Street, London. United Kingdom.
Registered in England and Wales under Company Registration No.
03798903. Directors: Directors:Michael Cunningham (US), Michael
O'Neill(Ireland), Eric Shander (US)

Back to the top