[openhw.twg] Safety and Security Task Group - Charter and Chairing Announcements

Hello OpenHW Group member reps and TWG reps,

The TWG has completed ratification of the Charter for the S&S TG. Thank you to the many who provided comments and suggestions as we have developed this charter.

We'd also like to announce the acclamation of co-Chairs for the S&S TG. We will have two strong co-Chairs , each with special expertise in one of the TG's focus areas.

@Jaume Abella, from Barcelona Supercomputer Center will co-Chair with a focus on safety-related requirements and IP/ecosystem development. Congratulations Jaume! About Jaume: he has worked on processor design and testing at Intel Corporation (2005-2009) and Barcelona Supercomputing Center (2009-today), where he co-leads the CAOS Group (aka embedded systems group). Jaume has been working on open source hardware designs since 2019 (some examples here: https://bsccaos.github.io/). More details in his old-fashioned website: https://people.ac.upc.edu/jabella/

@Christopher Jones, from Crypto Quantique, will take the co-Chair helm from the perspective of security-related requirements and IP/ecosystem development. Congratulations Chris! About Chris: he is Crypto Quantique’s IoT Director of Applications. He began his career in electronics design at BAE Systems designing high end test equipment for avionic systems. He then spent 15 years at Cypress Semiconductor, 6 years at Renesas Electronics Corporation and 2 years at Secure Thingz as senior field applications engineer designing in microcontrollers, programmable logic, USB, Network Search Engines and many other technologies into customers’ products. Chris joined Crypto Quantique in May 2020. Chris holds a BSc in Electrical and Electronic Engineering from the University of Coventry, UK LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/in/chris-jones-1791b71/

Together, Jaume and Chris will lead the TG. Please join me in congratulating them - and please get involved. Note that we have a S&S TG Mattermost channel Chris and Jaume will announce next steps there, such as establishing a meeting cadence.

regards

Duncan Bees

Vancouver, Canada

Director, Technical Programs