Re: [oniro-wg] Oniro IT Infrastructure and Services Plan draft. Call for feedback.

Hello Andrei,

On Tuesday, 28 June 2022 08:46:54 CEST Sebastien Heurtematte wrote:
> Hi Andrei,
>
> As presented in “Oniro IT infrastructure and services coordination weekly
> sync” and from my point of view, container registry implementation can’t be
> dissociated from pipeline migration as it’s a part of this goal and can
> only be prioritized in this global task or EPIC.
>
> So defining a priority for this particular task globally has no meaning in
> global prioritization.
>
> Obviously, a solution could be an external registry, but in a public way
> and maintained by EF and not in OSTC infrastructure and maintained by the
> Oniro team.

... which is not what we are talking about here.

The conclusions I have taken from our conversations are:

* I think that, by now, finishing the pipelines will be our main focus. The
current state should not be consolidated.
* We all agree that we do not want to arrive to November working on the oniro-
ip-toolchain.
* In worst case scenario, we can find an ad hoc solution for this release to
sign the code that should be distributed.
* For EF, having the communication channel hosted at Eclipse is a priority.
Chat represents the main communication channel at the moment.

My next steps are:
* Gather enough information to bring a second prioritization proposal with
some sens e of initial timeline.
   * I will be meeting in person the EF IT team during the second week of
July. If I cannot gather all the info before hand, I will get it there.
* Learn about the oniro-ip-toolchain so we can understand the effort and key
actions required on our side, compatible with our infra and services.
   * We have set up a series of dedicated sessions for this.

<snip>

Best Regards
--
Agustin Benito Bethencourt
Oniro Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation