[omr-dev] TravisCI backlog affecting pull request testing

Eclipse OMR Contributors,

You may have noticed that recent OMR pull requests have been stuck awaiting continuous integration (CI) tests to complete. This is causing some delays in merging pull requests as our process requires CI tests to complete prior to merging.

The bottleneck is with TravisCI, as they have been experiencing problems with the Linux and macOS queues over the past couple of days (see https://www.traviscistatus.com/). As their problems are resolved, however, there are a large number jobs queued up with limited hardware resources to complete them which is causing some delay. At the moment, the limited throughput of the macOS queue appears to be the main problem affecting Eclipse OMR CI. The queue is draining, albeit slowly.

We appreciate your patience. Eclipse OMR project leadership is monitoring the situation and will consider alternate actions should this testing bottleneck continue to impede pull request merges.

..daryl

Back to the top