Re: [metro-dev] Help with fork modification to metro-jax-ws

I can imagine option to not cache auth for connections can be useful and
if allowing it requires having custom authenticator in the jaxws-rt
itself then why not... There already exists one implementation for tools
to support proxies[1]

I know it is a useful feature, and I can revisit creating a PR once I can verify it works locally. I'm under a tight release crunch right now.

source file which uses new API must be in a different source root. Since
what you need is in JDK 9, putting your modified source into
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/metro-jax-ws/tree/2.3.3/jaxws-ri/runtime/rt/src/main/java-mr/9
should be the way to go.

basically the build works the way that the default source root
(src/main/java) except for module-info is built by jdk 11 compiler with
'-release 8' option and the rest (module-info and additional source
root) with '-release 9' option

to learn more about multi-release jars, see ie
https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/238

travis can show how exactly the project is built:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/metro-jax-ws/blob/2.3.3/.travis.yml

Fantastic - this is the info that I needed about where to put the changes.
I made a copy of HttpClientTransport.java with my updates and added it under the same path as original, beneath java-mr/9.
So, now I have 2 copies.
I then ran the maven command that you showed me in .travis.yml:
>mvn -B -V -U -C -Pstaging,oss-release clean verify org.glassfish.copyright:glassfish-copyright-maven-plugin:copyright -Dgpg.skip=true -Doss.disallow.snapshots=false

This was successful and it created tons of .jars but the one that I am interested in, rt-2.4.0-SNAPSHOT-sources, under \jaxws-ri\runtime\rt - that one still has the older source file.
Is there additional configuration I need to do to tell maven about the new file? I assumed it would just pick it up as you described.

Thanks for being so helpful, I feel like I'm very close.

Thanks,
Nancy

Back to the top