Re: [lsp4e-dev] LSP4e document corruption
  • From: Ahmed Hussain <ahmed@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2022 14:12:55 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=cocotec.io; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=cocotec.io; dkim=pass header.d=cocotec.io; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-ChunkCount:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-0:X-MS-Exchange-AntiSpam-MessageData-1; bh=fSwSwIlMo/RTYUtAjsNm/UeP0YWEf1boVLnuDU6C+HQ=; b=huct16C21DNpaTRGVIrOZamTnbS1QrQ/P3BzmV/hY9T3P4oQU2kmPguex5hU5LGChhkHIpsGIK9NGvixnnWVWqAXs6oShuspoMIWC40rmPdZdBj3hE7Fkcnrdgl49RfSfPS9Ot5eF9dPg3fObeCF5GaLscvJGXdHhdDlBhxm1wLj4+FHtO5SQosTb6KiHTA7XWNR8tD/ynYwPFpoTQP0M4Y11wfy6pEL8/DBXa5qOIkpKGlFZLw9T8CPSgiUNSx+DtkiCnxqZrxInwIDacg9iWLYomSR/8WG6be50rSXa7xycOxah4tgtlpgcTzUfIvxWFOmh4zX47wfuir1Qh/pkg==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=R0S2xmd/KblNfZtS+Ciqv6FJqha6s8jlTQoA42YLI2bj6yQkukBK/lIebeUFRB2zynjFXqfNOliXZ66p2MgFUCEr2lcvUh+bYzaCrmgyAZqglXVNln/EffFiUyiyunBdTt7XENQYtL347H//3NgHVrlSpqHQX75hMlPrZNgfsGHDxFghsmzZI46OkqLKAMVBpoXd1LESilV9zHHBmpOtY/n3JnqYM7yqxjpEFdsZSUxs5OoxooEDX4lBSmk+NU4nr38Hui5fLMtNxvJZydrtSsVMzWFRtq9rxbLdWOYWDLz//owlpp5dVNyZc4jgv0DmBrO7ckeQgjGy0nfHFj+Nfg==

No problem. I think I’ll submit a fix for an issue we found with resource listeners/workplace folders first, as that is a bit less complicated/controversial and might be a more straightforward one while we get familiar with the preferred way of working on the project.

On the subject of the tests, we’ve had a few issues with them being a bit flaky sometimes, and also very noisy producing a lot of stacktraces on the console that are generally benign but make it hard to figure out what’s going on when one of the tests flakes for real. I think sometimes the teardown logic pulls the rug out from under the tests while there are still background requests queued in the thread pools, which might be why some of the tests work individually but sometimes time out when part of a full suite execution.

Are there any TODOs to try and mitigate any of this, or advice for working with them generally?

Cheers,

Ahmed

On 4 May 2022, at 18:16, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022, Ahmed Hussain via lsp4e-dev <lsp4e-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> We’re just in the process of brushing up some of our fixes for submission. What’s the preferred way to go about it? Should we first raise GitHub issues and then submit the PRs that address them?

The preferred way would be to submit small and independent PRs in including some test case that reproduces the issue and validates the fix (and prevents from regressions). But if this seems too hard, just submit as you think is best and we'll discuss further on the PRs.

Cheers

--
Mickael Istria