Re: [lsp4e-dev] LSP4E 1.0.0 entry in PMI up to date?

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021 at 16:29, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

To be honest, going to 1.0.0 is not a high priority of mine. I remember I did set some random date some time ago.

Me neither. We can push out the date (or simply remove the entry from PMI to not give wrong impression)....

But going to 1.0.0 would be a good thing to do; so since we have a date, we can try to just do a 1.0.0 for the given date.

.... or just go for it :-)

My only concern is about the LSP4J requirement; which is kind of leaking as transitive API here and there. Is it OK to release LSP4E 1.0.0 on top of a 0.x of LSP4J?

The LSP4J API issue is not going to go anywhere anytime soon. It is not because of a 0.x version of LSP4J, but rather an explicit decision in LSP4J that the LSP4J project has been working through. My guess is that we will end up with LSP4J having a new major release every time there is a new LSP (and DAP) version. That would imply that any API that leaks through will cause LSP4E to have a new major version too.

Jonah