[lsp4e-dev] How to use the generic editor with all/more of the LS features, like outline, formatting?

I have not been able to find much information about the lsp4e-based language server support in the generic editor. When I tried it with my own language server it seems that many features of lsp4e (like completion, outline, formatting, etc) are not supported out-of-the-box when using the generic editor with a language server.

I am primarily interested in things that “just work”, i.e. by just configuring a language server and content type in the Eclipse preferences, without creating a new plugin or any code.

So, am I missing something? Any pointers welcome, I found no useful information on the net.