[lsp4e-dev] What is the long-term communication strategy between lsp4e <-> language server?

I see in http://git.eclipse.org/c/lsp4e/lsp4e.git/tree/org.eclipse.lsp4e.languages/src/org/eclipse/lsp4e/languages/CSSLanguageServer.java#n24 that we are using the —stdio option. Is that going to be the main way for communication in the long-term? Or will lsp4e start supporting sockets and pipes?

I noticed the the java-language-server doesn’t offer a stdio option and, instead, uses sockets. See https://github.com/gorkem/java-language-server/blob/master/org.jboss.tools.vscode.java/src/org/jboss/tools/vscode/java/internal/ConnectionStreamFactory.java

I am asking because we are writing a language server for a language we have and want to know what kinds of communications we need to support to get it to integrate nicely with lsp4 in the future.

Thanks!

—
Nick

Back to the top