Re: [leshan-dev] RPK with Java Client

Hi Michael,

(OK, Julien was much faster, but if you interested in some more details ...)

I'm not sure, what you exactly did. Did you connect a leshan client to one leshan server using RPK?

If so, yes this did work, because scandium uses one "raw public key" for all communication partners, and as long as you only connect to one server it principally worked.
But with more than one server to connect to, the client may require different RPKs to do so (similar to issue https://github.com/eclipse/leshan/issues/87).
And that's right now not supported "out of the box" by scandium, if you don't want to open different client side endpoints for different servers.
But this has not changed, so your right, this should not disable RPK usage which was working so far.

So the other issue for supporting RPK is, that the new leshan client now prepares for "bootstrap", which means, the client communication configuration is not longer passed directly to the communication layer (e.g. scandium), it uses the LWM2M object security and server to do so. This would enable a bootstrap server to change the destination server and credentials. Currently the RPK support is simply not implemented in that security object. To implement it proper, some OMA LWM2M issues should be resolved, otherwise it would be somehow "leshan proprietary".

https://github.com/OpenMobileAlliance/OMA-LwM2M-Public-Review/issues/42

https://github.com/OpenMobileAlliance/OMA-LwM2M-Public-Review/issues/77

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Achim Kraus

Bosch Software Innovations GmbH
Communications (INST/ESY1)
Stuttgarter Straße 130
71332 Waiblingen
GERMANY
www.bosch-si.de
www.blog.bosch-si.com

Registered office: Berlin, Register court: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg, HRB 148411 B