[kura-dev] Minimum Kura build

Hi everyone.

I am in an enterprise environment where I'm having issues procuring certain Kura's dependencies and plugins because of their vulnerabilities, which we will have to find a workaround for.

As a good starting point, we would like to focus on those components that are mandatory to build a Kura gateway. For the moment all the devices that will be linked to a Kura gateway will be TCP/IP devices (no Raspberry Pi's GPIOs, no Can/RS485/etc. and no wireless protocols such as Zigbee or Bluetooth for now).

The Kura gateways will be linked to Kapua. Moreover, Kura has to run in a Docker container inside the gateway.

With this in mind, what are the Kura modules that I have to build? The build process I'm following is at: https://wiki.eclipse.org/Kura/Getting_Started (shown below)

Build the target platform
cd ~/git/kura/target-platform
mvn clean install
Build the core components
cd ../kura
#Build with CAN support
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -f pom.xml -Pcan clean install
#Build without CAN support
mvn -Dmaven.test.skip=true -f pom.xml clean install
Prepare the for the Eclipse workspace
mvn -f manifest_pom.xml eclipse:clean && mvn -f manifest_pom.xml eclipse:eclipse
mvn -f pom_pom.xml eclipse:clean && mvn -f pom_pom.xml eclipse:eclipse

Thanks everyone.

Back to the top