From: kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <kura-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of John Read <john.read@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2017 8:16:37 AM
To: kura Developers mailing list
Subject: [kura-dev] Modbus serial problems

Hi,
we have had problems using the modbus protocol 1.03 (and also with 2.0.0) in RTU mode via RS485 on linux. It ran perfectly on some serial controllers, and had problems with specific functions on other ones. We have now discovered that directly addressing the serial device before starting kura with an external app  to preset the serial parameters seems to clear all the problems on all the tested devices.

I assume that the problem is due to a problem in the ModbusProtocolDeviceService, but have not seen any bugs reported on this.
Has anybody else seen this problem?

Thanks again for the work you put into KURA, which provides a fantastic platform.

regards
John Read
Om7Sense GmbH
Next-Gen Energy Management For Data Centers
john.read@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +49-8072-9369985
Mob: +49-1752014830

Om7Sense GmbH | Schulstraße 26 | 83527 Haag i. OB | Germany
The Energy Management Revolution | Web: http://www.om7sense.com/
Geschäftsführer: Kevin Read, John Read (CEOs) | USt-IdNr.: DE308876193 (VAT ID)
Registergericht: Amtsgericht Traunstein | Registernummer: HRB 25488
(German commercial register entry number at local district court of registration)

Back to the top