Re: [kura-dev] DataService questions

Hi Christiano,

<stuff deleted>

Hi Scott,

  We are interested in any useful contribution covering "dark" areas of Kura.

The DataTransportService implementation of Kura is just a thin layer on top of Paho.

It is not that useful with the Paho version currently distributed with Kura but I assume you have a specific use case in mind.

[Scott]  Yes, we do.  But you make it sound as if things might be changing (wrt DataTransportService) in future versions of Paho and/or Kura.   Or am I misinterpreting?

I would tap at least to the DataService that implements auto reconnects and offline buffering of messages.

[Scott]  Ok, thanks.   One question about auto reconnects:   Does this use/extend the Paho auto-reconnection logic, or does it do something other/different?   Are there any pointers (docs and/or source refs) about how the auto-reconnection logic in DataService works?

Thanks,

Scott

Back to the top