Re: [kura-dev] Metatype format

Hi John,

Hi,
we currently looking at using the Metatype template.xml concept for the administration of our product. The usability and looks have not been well received by out design group. Do you know of any plans to add:
1:Multi language support?

Metatype supports internationalization for the name, icon, description and label attributes.
It's the standard OSGi i18n mechanism, so I invite you to have a look at the OSGi core spec if you are not familiar with it already.
In a nutshell, you will:
  • Put your translations in localization files in something like OSGI-INF/l10n/bundle.propertiesOSGI-INF/l10n/bundle_fr.properties, etc
  • Add a Bundle-Localization: OSGI-INF/l10n/bundle entry in your MANIFEST.MF
  • Use eg %label1 instead of an actual hard-coded label in your metatype XML file to tell the framework to use the value of label1 coming from the localization file

Benjamin Cabé

Eclipse Foundation
+33 (0) 619196101

EclipseCon