Re: [kapua-dev] Adding checkstyle to the build

So I think that is exactly why we should do it. As we are now changing things in a hurry and are not aware of the things which have to cleaned up later on.

I would hover start with a simple set of rules. Like not using tabs, missing license headers, etc .. things we actually already do.

On Thu, Apr 13, 2017 at 12:56 PM, Morson, Stefano <stefano.morson@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Jens,

+1 with a prerequisite,

since we are still adding/changing code on a lot of stuff, the check should not be blocking for the builds and the merge.

With the purpose to make the check more constraining next.

Stefano

From: kapua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <kapua-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Jens Reimann <jreimann@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 12, 2017 5:55:25 PM
To: kapua developer discussions
Subject: [kapua-dev] Adding checkstyle to the build

Hi everyone,

I would like to discuss the idea of adding checkstyle to the build.

I do think we could catch a bunch of common issues by adding checkstyle validation, like missing license headers etc...

What do you think?

Cheers

Jens

--
Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware

Jens Reimann
Senior Software Engineer / EMEA ENG Middleware
Werner-von-Siemens-Ring 14
85630 Grasbrunn
Germany
phone: +49 89 2050 71286

Red Hat GmbH, www.de.redhat.com,
Managing Directors: Paul Argiry, Charles Cachera, Michael Cunningham, Michael O'Neill

Back to the top