Re: [jstl-dev] Jakarta Tags, EE11 release discussion

Hi,

On Tue, 2 May 2023 at 16:12, Paul Nicolucci <pnicolucci@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Besides a common set of committers, what are the main pros of such a merge in your opinion?

 I think it's reduced complexity in the processes around handling tests, tcks, releases, etc, and a reduction of the perceived complexity of Jakarta EE to end-users.

For the first it's simply things as having to submit 1 TCK report and not 2, and releasing 1 API jar and not 2, and scheduling 1 release review and not 2, etc.

As for the perceived complexity, it's in stuff like this: https://jakarta.ee/specifications

That's a HUGE number of specs listed there, and that tends to frighten people still. Having less separate specs listed there, will likely make it more approachable to people. Of course another option is to somehow make that page more appealing by e.g. grouping some things, but I don't think that's ever going to happen. So the best and easier thing to do is to just merge specs (IMHO).

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top