[jetty-dev] Hanging ProxyServlet

Hi,

I have some weird behavior when using Jetty which I am unable to understand.

A simple test case is attached to this mail:

* Server.java: A simple static file server using jetty DefaultServlet.
This server works fine when accessed directly. (ie.
http://localhost:40040/js/externals.js returns a 200KB identical to
e:\js\externals.js)

* Proxy.java: A simple proxy server using jetty
ProxyServlet.Transparent. This server works fine when proxying
non-jetty servers like google.

However, if I try to proxy the jetty server, requests are hanging
forever until timeout. DefaultServlet is unable to write the full file
contents and the proxy is waiting indefinitely for some content which
never happen.

What's strange is that this behavior happen only using Java 7 and not Java 6.

Platform: Win7 64-bit
Jetty: Jetty 7.6.4 or Jetty 8.1.4 (Same behavior)
Java: 1.6 u35: Ok 1.7 u5: Hang

Am i doing something horribly wrong, or is there some step I am missing ?
Hopefully, someone will be able to reproduce the bug.

Thanks,
Benoît