From: jdt-dev <jdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Stephan Herrmann via jdt-dev
Sent: Tuesday, July 16, 2024 6:14 PM
To: Eclipse JDT general developers list. <jdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Stephan Herrmann <stephan.herrmann@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] [jdt-dev] Community testing for BETA_JAVA23?

When I think of the great bustle towards Java 8, a big asset for Eclipse was the great community, playing with our implementation as it was still in beta status and reporting many bugs. These bug reports were an essential part of the success story back then.

Fast-forward to Java 23, I believe we already have some interesting progress at least in these JEPs:
* JEP 476: Module Import Declarations (Preview)
* JEP 477: Implicitly Declared Classes and Instance Main Methods (Third Preview)
* JEP 482: Flexible Constructor Bodies (Second Preview)

See the umbrella https://github.com/eclipse-jdt/eclipse.jdt.core/issues/2212

Do we have an update site for BETA_JAVA23 branches for early adopters?
Is it time to send an initial invitation to try it to the community?
If so, which forum?

thanks,
Stephan