[january-dev] travis delays

TL;DR - delays on Travis mean we can't approve PRs in a timely fashion.

Hi folks,

Travis, the service that builds Pull Requests for January, is having
trouble keeping up with the number of projects that Eclipse are
throwing at it. Travis only allows 5 simultaneous builds.

While January builds only take 3 or so minutes per build, each PR and
subsequent merge means 2 or 3 builds are being done (more if there are
more commits). Additionally, many other projects have build matrixs,
which mean each PR/commit requires many jobs.

There is an ongoing discussion about this on cross-project-issues-dev[1].

What it means for January is that sometimes PRs are taking hours
before they are built. (My most recent one has been waiting 3 hours
already.) And that means I cannot proceed with merging and preparing
the 2.0.1 RC/release.

Jonah

[1] https://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/cross-project-issues-dev/msg14309.html

~~~