Da: jakartarpc-dev <jakartarpc-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> per conto di Simon Martinelli via jakartarpc-dev <jakartarpc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Inviato: mercoledì 22 maggio 2024 12:36
A: jakartarpc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartarpc-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Simon Martinelli <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Oggetto: [jakartarpc-dev] The name of the specification is misleading

Hi,

Today, most of the so-called REST APIs are misused RPC-style APIs.
I was looking for something like JSON-RPC, and Ivar pointed me to the Jakarta RPC spec.

Unfortunately, this seems to be all about gRPC, which is IMO misleading.
I was looking for a way to use RPC over HTTP with JSON, which I think is what people often want.

Now my question is, will Jakarta RPC stay with gRPC, or are there any plans to embrace other RPC styles?

Thanks,
Simon Martinelli