[jakartaee-tck-dev] What is the expected change for EJB tests that are using org.omg.CORBA.ORB?

Hi David,

The reason for this email is to ask for a high level description of the change that you intend to work on, to update tests that use org.omg.CORBA.ORB classes.

Would we move all tests that actually use the org.omg.CORBA.ORB class to new separate EJB tests?

I think it is too late to remove use of org.omg.CORBA.ORB in 9.0, which does seem like a change that is too big to make with little time left in the EE 9 schedule. Also, other implementations could be impacted by such a change.

We previously marked tests that use org.omg.CORBA.ORB as Corba tests (see [1]), and default to not running those tests. However, as you pointed out the EJB tests that use org.omg.CORBA.ORB are not really Corba tests. If so, perhaps we should enable those tests by default again.

On a different note, I think we need to update keyproperties [1] to actually list the actual test java package, instead of the super class packages, which makes it clearer which tests are impacted (as well as actually controlling those tests).

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-tck/blob/master/src/com/sun/ts/lib/harness/keyword.properties#L111

Back to the top