[jakartaee-spec-project-leads] Open Community for Java 2024 - We need your help with the Coding Lounge

Dear Project Leads,

We are full on working on the Open Community for Java program with great support of iJUG leadership team, as well as the Program Committee that was focused on rating and selecting submitted talks.

As part of our program, we plan to have a Coding Lounge session on the afternoon of day two, Wednesday, October,  23, 14.15 -17.30, with the ultimate goal of bringing the spark of open source contribution to our attendees and that way attracting new contributors!

For this session to be effective for attendees / new contributors, we need your help:

  • For all of our projects in GitHub we have introduced the label “good-first-issue”a while ago. Please use the “good-first-issue” label to indicate all issues that are appropriate for new contributors. This goes for all of our projects, specifications, implementations, TCKs, documentation, examples ...

  • We also need hosting support. If you are planning to attend the conference and would like to help us guide new contributors to get involved in the projects, please let us know.

Thank you all for supporting and helping creating the best experience for Open Community for Java attendees!

Best,

Tanja

--

Tanja Obradović

Sr. Manager, Java Programs | Eclipse Foundation

Back to the top