Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [jakartaee-tck-dev] Possible concern regarding Persistence 3.2 tests seemingly running only in SE mode

Hi,

At the Platform call this week (and two weeks ago) we discussed how the Platform TCK refactoring is not complete yet, in fact we are looking at the JPA test vehicles and considering how we will need to avoid updating the already balloted/released (SE mode) JPA tests that we will want to extend for use with testing EE 11 implementations.

While Hibernate ORM + EclipseLink need to pass the Standalone JPA TCK tests, GlassFish does not.  In fact, Persistence providers like Hibernate ORM/EclipseLink/OpenJPA/DataNucleus/others are not EE implementations so they cannot deploy EE archives.

Hope this helps.

Scott