[jakartaee-platform-dev] EE 9/10 Platform TCK challenge...

Dear Platform committers, please vote with a +1 or -1 here or in the https://github.com/jakartaee/platform-tck/issues/1313 TCK challenge which as I understand is about TCK tests that depend on early EE deployment descriptors that should of been updated or removed from the EE 9 or 10 TCK.

We will vote on whether to accept the challenge in two weeks on June 12, 2024.

https://github.com/jakartaee/platform-tck/issues/1313 summary text is pasted below:

"
Platform specification 9.1/10 states "support for versions of DTDs and schemas prior to Jakarta EE 8 is optional".
Platform specification detailed reference on support of previous schema can be found at: https://jakarta.ee/specifications/platform/10/jakarta-platform-spec-10.0#a3447

Following tests have old schema[ http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd ] reference in the web.xml descriptor.

Following servlet test have old schema [ http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd ] reference in the web.xml descriptor.

Above mentioned tests violate Platform specification optional support for versions of DTDs/schemas prior to Jakarta EE 8 and make support of older DTDs/schema mandatory for the vendors of Jakarta EE 9.1/10.
The Tests are failing with Application servers which do not support old DTDs/schema with deployment failures of test war/ear.

"

Scott

Back to the top