Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [jakartaee-tck-dev] Next TCK call

Hi,

On Thu, 7 Mar 2024 at 14:15, Scott Marlow via jakartaee-tck-dev <jakartaee-tck-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I don't think it is doable to make EJB 2.x features *required* by the EE 11 Platform spec so I propose that we remove those features.

I really hope we'll be able to do so. CMP and the EJB 2.x API are the prime examples of what causes the initial backlash against J2EE. We have in the meantime indeed removed CMP, and the platform has moved away from EJB 2.x since 2005, and away from EJB itself since 2009-ish. The fact that we're still carrying around the EJB 2.x APIs is not really good marketing for our platform (probably understating it).

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Back to the top