[jakartaee-platform-dev] Follow up on TCK Process document blocking EE 11 Spec ballot reviews...

As mentioned in the Platform call notes today [0], I think that the TCK Process 1.4 document as currently worded is blocking us from using Java SE style TCKs in developing the Jakarta EE 11 release.  [1] proposes a change to relax the TCK Process requirements to allow use of Java SE style TCKs in EE 11.

I agree with the idea that Jakarta EE implementations should only be required to pass TCK tests that can be deployed on a Platform/profile implementation however we need more time to get there.

Refer to the "TCK types and requirements" section in the current TCK Process document [2] to see the current wording that [1] seeks to change.  As I read [2], we cannot use "type 1" (Java SE style) TCK tests like we currently do in the staged Annotations 3.0 TCK [3].

Scott

[0] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1V1dDLJkd14EDRMPeuI0VzPtU4Lbli8FFBd1pLDLlOrY/edit
[1] https://github.com/jakartaee/jakarta.ee/pull/1852
[2] https://jakarta.ee/committees/specification/tckprocess/