Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Optional parts of a Spec or a "Bridge"

That’s great if CDI is able to do this to decouple their TCK integration testing with other specs in a way that makes sense to the main CDI specification.

I don’t see how that applies to Jakarta Data. It doesn’t define integration requirements with anything in Jakarta EE Platform that isn’t also in Jakarta Web Profile.

From: Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, September 1, 2023 at 2:57 PM
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Nathan Rauh <nathan.rauh@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Optional parts of a Spec or a "Bridge"

I think this is the main issue that calls for a separate integration spec and TCK artifact to decouple the main spec, API and TCK from downstream specification. This is exactly what we are having to do in the CDI project where the current integration

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerStart

This Message Is From an Untrusted Sender

You have not previously corresponded with this sender.

    Report Suspicious    ‌

ZjQcmQRYFpfptBannerEnd

I think this is the main issue that calls for a separate integration spec and TCK artifact to decouple the main spec, API and TCK from downstream specification. This is exactly what we are having to do in the CDI project where the current integration chapters are being broken out into a separate integration specification with the subset of TCK tests that were targeting the Web Profile and Platform making up the integration spec TCK.