Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] [DISCUSS] Include Jakarta Data in EE 11

> On 13. Jul 2023, at 12:23, Steve Millidge (Payara) via jakartaee-platform-dev <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> We have a “chicken and egg” problem here. We can’t see how something bakes/matures in the market without shipping it in products.

I respectfully disagree. Given that the Spring Data repository abstraction has been around for more than a decade *and* we haved shipped CDI extensions allowing its usage in a JavaEE / JakartaEE environment for a large chunk of that decade. The Micronaut abstraction [0] largely follows it. Even Quarkus provides an API that mimics its features exactly.

Given that and the adoption rate of Spring Data (2-digit million downloads / month) I fail to see how you can argue that we don't know what's been established in the world out there.

Cheers,
Ollie

[0] https://micronaut-projects.github.io/micronaut-data/latest/guide/
[1] https://quarkus.io/guides/spring-data-jpa