From:        "Scott Stark" <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        "jakartaee-platform developer discussions" <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        07/29/2021 09:44
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Reduce emphasis on security manager in EE 10?
Sent by:        "jakartaee-platform-dev" <jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

Just a clarification, the security manager is being deprecated in 17 for removal in a later version. The current JEP says it will start to be degraded in 18:
https://openjdk.java.net/jeps/411

I think we are fine with making security tests optional, but then the issue of reporting the status of optional tests in TCK runs comes up. We had the discussion of making the status of optionality results manifest in compatibility requests, but our position was that this should be handled by the TCK reporting.