Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] Release Candidate APIs vs Milestone APIs

Yes, I think that is fine.

On Wed, Jan 29, 2020 at 8:31 AM Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
jakartaee-platform-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 01/29/2020 06:35:03:

> From: Mark Thomas <markt@xxxxxxxxxx>

> To: jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Date: 01/29/2020 06:35
> I'll repeat my previous suggestion to avoid the RC label and simply ask
> projects to provide an interim release (M or RC as appropriate) that has
> completed the javax -> jakarta rename and is considered suitable for
> downstream projects to base development on.

What do others think of this suggestion?  Basically, if a Project declares a Milestone API artifact as being "Release Candidate" equivalent, is that sufficient to allow continued progress.  With our goal of having all of the APIs available by Feb 14 (just over two weeks away), we may need to modify this RC requirement.  As long as this "blessed" Milestone driver is available in Maven Central, are we good?

Back to the top