Re: [jakartaee-platform-dev] version numbers and release qualifiers

On Fri, 24 Jan 2020 at 04:02, Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  In fact, we don't expect specs to be distributed through a Maven
> repository.

I was under impression that this thread is mainly about
https://wiki.eclipse.org/JakartaEE_Maven_Versioning_Rules, where one
can find:

> A given technology will commonly produce two artifacts:
> - an API jar file...
>  [...] We require API jar files to be published to the Maven central repository.
> - an implementation jar file...

As shown above, in JCP world, "EDR" releases were accompanied by api
jars, with similar qualifiers. That resulted in surprises, that could
be avoided.

--
Piotrek

Back to the top