[jakarta.ee-spec] Jakarta EE Spec Committee Approved Meeting Minutes - June 12th, 2024

Jakarta EE Spec Committee - June 12th, 2024

Attendees (present in bold):

Kenji Kazumura - Fujitsu

Emily Jiang - IBM - Tom Watson

Ed Bratt - Oracle - Dmitry Kornilov

Andrew Pielage - Payara - Petr Aubrecht

David Blevins - Tomitribe - Jean-Louis Monteiro, Cesar Hernandez

Ivar Grimstad - PMC Representative

Marcelo Ancelmo - Participant Member -  Abraham Marin-Perez

Werner Keil - Committer Member

Jun Qian - Primeton Information Technologies - Enterprise Member

Zhai Luchao -  Shandong Cvicse Middleware Co. - Enterprise Member

Guests - Jakarta EE 11 co-release coordinators: Ed Burns, Arjan Tijms

Eclipse Foundation: Tanja Obradovic, Wayne Beaton, Paul Buck (chair)

Past business / action items:

  • Approval is requested for the minutes from the May 29th, 2024 meeting as drafted - Approved.

Agenda:

Check in on EE 11 Release Review ballots, see the spreadsheet for updates and notes.

>> Jean-Louis has been progressing checklist items in the PR

Ballot started on June 12th by Ivar

Platform TCK is refining their plan and will work towards an estimate for resources required and target

Discussion ensued on whether or not to update the Spec Committee’s ballot tracking spreadsheet to update spec version numbers to include any service release since ballot

  • This is the responsibility of the Platform Project

  • Preparing for our Jakarta EE 11 release retrospective

    • Review the open issues:

      • Determine which issues to label as “enhancement” and add to our board

      • Close issues which can are no longer relevant or have been dealt with

    • Feel free to open new issues here which we will get to after the release is done. Add the “enhancement” label.

Action: Create an issue for the Platform Project to update and replace https://jakartaee.github.io/platform/CompatibilityRequirements to point to https://jakarta.ee/committees/specification/versioning/

Back to the top