Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] [External] : [BALLOT] Revised: Recommend naming convention for new TCK tests in Jakarta EE 10 - Ends Jan 26th, 6pm Pacific

> On Jan 20, 2022, at 2:31 PM, Lukas Jungmann <lukas.jungmann@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Whatever wording allows inclusion of tests for integrations between various specifications in the TCK, very likely in the jakarta package namespace for those who needs it, is fine by me, assuming legal aspect of things allows that. I believe "should not" satisfies it.

I think we're all still fierce agreement that people put Jakarta APIs in their apps all the time and specifications should be able write TCK tests that leverage other Jakarta APIs for integration tests.  As noted in our thread in EclipseLink dev, I made the same remark on the Platform list.

My perspective on how to word it would be to say writing tests inside the jakarta.* package it isn't allowed by default and to ask the Spec Committee for approval if you feel you need an exception.  Leaves the door open for discussion, yet ensures people in our 30 or so specs are not making up their own rules/exceptions.

-David

Back to the top