[jakarta.ee-spec] Jakarta EE Spec Committee Approved Meeting Minutes - October 21st, 2020

Jakarta EE Spec Committee - October 21st, 2020

Attendees (present in bold):

Kenji Kazumura - Fujitsu

Dan Bandera - IBM - Kevin Sutter

Ed Bratt - Oracle - Dmitry Kornilov, Lukas Jungmann

Andrew Pielage - Payara - Matt Gill

Scott Stark - Red Hat - Mark Little, Scott Marlow, Tom Jenkinson

David Blevins - Tomitribe - Jean-Louis Monteiro, Cesar Hernandez

Ivar Grimstad - PMC Representative

Marcelo Ancelmo - Participant Member - Martijn Verburg

Werner Keil - Committer Member

Scott (Congquan) Wang - Primeton - Enterprise Member

Eclipse Foundation: Tanja Obradovic, Paul Buck

Reference: EFSP, JESP

Past business / action items:

  • Deferred until the October 28th meeting - Approval is requested for the meeting minutes from the October 14th meeting as drafted.

Agenda:

See the Notes and Status column (G) in the spreadsheet for updates on the specifications.

  • Problems and Options for platform-dependent specs (chicken & egg problem):

    • Problem #1: We have a number of specifications that are dependent on the release of the Platform

    • Problem #2: We have a specification (CDI) which we have released sooner

    • Option 1: Status quo.  We do nothing different.

    • Option 2: "Dependent" Ballots of spec+api.

    • Option 3: "Dependent" Ballots of spec + api + interim certification request.

      • Note this in the ballot that cert req is interim and will be replaced once the Platform goes to ballot

      • Question: Which tests need to be passed for the interim cert? Need the subset that gives assurance that platform TCK will pass when run

Discussion on the three options took place and it was decided that Jakarta Enterprise Web Services could do Option 3 if desired, all other individual specifications with a dependency on the Platform spec are required to do Option 1.

Item below was not discussed. It will be included on the agenda for the call scheduled for October 28th

  • Short description missing on https://jakarta.ee/specifications/

    • What needs to be done to ensure a short (60 char) description is available and presented for each specification project?

    • This is also needed for jakarta.ee Chinese translation

Back to the top